Sunday, April 11, 2010

How Much Is A Big Bottle Of Patron

Hue, Saigon, et le delta du Mekong Siem Reap



Wednesday, March 31, 2010, wake up at 5am by a guy from the hotel because the bus leaves early.
I'm in Siem Reap in Cambodia and I should arrive in Saigon or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam tonight.
6h trip to Phnom Penh to begin and 4h of sleep counter. Arrived in Phnom Penh, 10 minutes to change buses and buy something that looks like a sheet at a chicken and a bottle of cool water, then it is left for Vietnam. We cross a river by ferry, no bridges anywhere here yet. 4 hours drive to the border, everything happens on its own, managed by the guy on the bus, no control.
We arrive in Saigon was 21h.



I just had to find a hotel at 7 dollars, the cheaper this corner tourists Room with fan, TV and bathroom, they do not have single rooms without the whole shebang. I found a corner of sidewalk Grailler for 1 dollar a plate of rice, omelette and pork.



I return my kip, after being harassed by a prostitute in need of my client who has not follow me loose on a scooter until I clutch it upsets her, and I finally found a for a quiet beer in a bar a little away.

Thursday, 1 April 2010 , I try to find a cheaper hotel, but there's not. I then make a great ride, visit the "Independence Palace", has nothing exciting except that it is a palace which houses the southern forces Vietnam and the Americans during their war.
I leave a message on the blog, by announcing something huge, April 1, obliges, but bigger is better and it works.
I'm doing a dinner in the street is twice the price for Cambodian noddles fried, noodles has 1 euro ^ ^.

Saturday, April 3, I'm going on a ride on a scooter in Saigon, which is rather excellent slalommer among other scooter right in Saigon, I still miss my bike as much. Other drivers are cautious, so it's a big stream of scooters, nice to take a 2 wheels the same top.



Lunch in a restaurant known ... only Vietnamese the fresh spring rolls, spring rolls, served me whatever it takes to make them myself, have now to pack, much like Mexican fajitas. I regale about not much.



then I go visit the War Museum, pretty horrible. I read and see the horror of war told by the Vietnamese did not do much better rating "rules of war" that Americans, to defend. The Americans were so afraid of the Communist advanced, that they launched this war of colonization, just after the departure of the last french settlers and their agreements independence of Vietnam. Look at the comments below the photos if you have not eaten.



Sunday, April 4, 2010
I visited a beautiful temple



and regale me to walk to town and a large deck that faces the "riverside" in Saigon, above Small wooden shacks of houses.

Monday, April 5, 2010, departing for the Mekong Delta.
I want a good price without finding for Chau Doc, a small town in the Mekong Delta south of Saigon, right on the border of Cambodia. 6am bus then arrived in Chau Doc, I throw my bag in a hotel $ 6, then I go to lose the edge of the Mekong hoping to find a freight ship to go down tomorrow Can Thau up the Mekong, but nothing.



A small boat is my pleasure to visit breeding fish, then a small village with no interest or girlfriend has degusee in traditional costumes for tourists visiting and began to weave, and finally a very small floating market, this place or boats of 30 meters, housing and transportation of goods, are stationed, and small boats come to sell everything they need.



Returning a guy takes me to his tattoo artist, he has his hands full of ink, which does not look much out of his cabin tattoo. He proposes a dragon 15cm diameter for ... $ 7, the local price he has revised upward as it must do so for less than half the Vietnamese. He works well, I've seen a few tattoos, only the needle has already drilled a bunch of people before me, often without being cleaned or changed ... I go to lose a little walk in the city, messy, dirty. This market, like all others in Vietnam, it's every day. I could not find a boat that commodity goes down to Can Tho, there are but rarely.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010, a 18-seater van for Can Tho, a madman at the wheel, I think I had no fear of driving since the beginning of the trip, but I had a beautiful watching road and how it touches scooters, cyclists and pedestrians while horn so they arrange themselves and not be crushed. He finally calmed down, by force traffic corker. The van is more than full, put a small stool between the 4 rows of seats or there is already too tight.
Arrive in Can Tho, a city still important, so I thought going in open country arrived in the Mekong Delta and I left Saigon, there are people everywhere, not just one corner of a quiet road and where c ' is rush hour, traffic is mad, it goes around without stopping, just the horn to warn.



Wednesday, April 7, 2010, sunrise at 5am, and slept less than that, noise around the hotel, I fold my bag and puts it at the reception, and will take the small boat reserved the day before. The Ballad of 6h is excellent.



A large floating market, full of big ships carrying various goods, especially fruits and vegetables, poultry, gasoline and dozens of small boats plying between selling their noddle soup made on the boat, or other goods. A boat m'ammene the cafe and another donut for breakfast.



It's really nice, color, contrast between the darkness of the old boats, they carry fruit, clothes of Vietnamese ...



Hia, my driver, continues until 2am during a 2nd small floating market, and small boats on the one, and it is quieter, family, peaceful.



We are back with another small canal that passes through the point of just 30cm of water depth. The engine with the propeller behind deportee is 1.5 m, longer useful, not enough water. I'm happy to row with these long oars crossed, and I realize that it is strong Hia!



You end up being stuck, not enough water and wait 20 minutes until the level rises with the tide in a feasting too sweet and juicy watermelon, nikel with the sun that hits too. We pass by a little restaurant has tourists, it is necessary detour for business, I refuse the live snake that I proposed to my grill and I regale a nap in a hammock, falling asleep to the sound of Boatmen playing cards next door. It ends with the ballad full of excellent images on the small arm of the Mekong is a huge cobweb.



Just happens, I decided to spin to My Tho, a city steeped in history certainly saw the name ^ ^
Meals consist mainly of this wand excellent, although I have nothing has set in, they do well to make good bread in Vietnam, and I had not eaten since 6 months:-p

Thursday, April 8, 2010, My Tho is aptly named, nothing to do back then in Saigon, where I found a hotel not too expensive in those little labyrinth streets barely wide enough for passage of a scooter.

Friday, April 9, 2010
I'll wait for the bus to visit the Cu Chi tunnels, remnants of the Vietnam War against the Americans. I see 2 bikes for sale, one was $ 250, definitely rotten and another $ 350. Why not go back in Vietnam on the heaps of mud, finally, these two wheels?
I'm going on tour, by bus to the tunnels, the bus is full of tourists, it makes me bizzarre to be in there. The visit is not extraordinary, the traps created by the Vietcong or IM maim or impaled, as the taste of tapioca Vietcong Eat Like a root single starchy edible even after the bombing American Chemical highly toxic. J'avaie want to try the AK 47, a weapon that I handle very well ... on counter strike, but the price for a single bullet, 1.30 dollars is the price of a coffee and a glass, I quickly chose: p-



It crosses 2 small tunnels 50cm wide and 70cm high, in the dark and during the war, with bombings at the top, in the dark, with stress and fear that must have been a real nightmare. These tunnels allowed to surprise the Americans, sometimes with 3 levels of depth up to 20m, to move on the battlefield in the jungle.

I returned to Saigon and returns to the bike for sale, the seller finds and test the bike. I can negotiate a $ 200. I go to google maps look at the road ahead of me. the first stage is 500 posts, trifles year metropolis, but here it is at least two days of bike. In all, I bounds before 1500 Ha Noi, has run a 30 a time on roads in poor condition, with buses that I must prevent and with a landscape of shops along the road. The only corner interresting to walk around on a motorcycle would be in the north, I dropped the case buy motorcycle, because it would take me days I have left on the visa has actually benefited from rising to the north and I should leave before even visiting Sapa and Halong Bay. I live a bus reservation history no longer hesitate. Dinner in a small diner, barbecue grill meat, rice and Saigon Lager beer for $ 2.

Saturday, April 10, 2010 this morning, breakfast omelet sandwich and coffee for 13 Dong total, barely 50 cents euros emfin local price meals. Lunch for $ 1 from rice (fine and good, not often) and a grill as last night. Then stroll through the quiet streets.
I leave tonight with a bus ticket reservations open. First step, Nha Trang, a city facing a fine of small islands. Then, Hoi An, an old city, I would continue on Hue, the ancient capital of Vietnam, before arriving in Ha Noi.



The sleeping bus is not so bad, the seats / berths 2 storey, 3 rows across the width of the bus with 2 lanes and bottom 5 berths next to each other and I ' pionce there pretty good, better than an armchair nornmal for a little more.
Tomorrow morning we woke up at Nha Trang.


photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment